6/21/14

Frozen Birthday Cake with Olaf, Elsa and Anna

Oh yes, I knew it would happen: Another frozen cake. LOL. This one is for friend of mine, and I knew it would be a challenge. Let me just say that faces may not be my area of strength! In fact, I redid the eyes on the lovely ladies on this cake not once, not twice, but three times! And still they don't make me happy!!! Grrr! Overall, I do think it turned out pretty well. I tried to make royal icing snowflakes, however, I need to find a better way to remove them from the wax paper. So many of them broke, I ended up with only six I could use :-(. So I ended up making more snowflakes out of fondant. I used quite a bit of sanding sugar to add some sparkle to the snowflakes and all over the cake. I do love how Olaf turned out, I think he's pretty cute! And while the theme song 'Let it Go' (UGH!) may be ringing in my head for a while and driving me crazy, I am pretty happy with this frozen cake. Which is probably a good thing, as I'm sure it won't be the last when I get a request for!
The cake is vanilla with buttercream frosting. All of the figures are marshmallow fondant, hand shaped.


Ok, I know, not as pretty as the 'real' Anna-but she's fictional so I know she'll never see this and think "OMG! It looks nothing like me!" LOL. 

How 'bout this Olaf though?! Even looks like he's dancing. ;-)







No comments:

Post a Comment